Can I change lawyers if I’m not happy with my current lawyer?

Yes! You have the right to change lawyers just like you have the right to change doctors if you are not satisfied with their services. You should hold any professional that you hire to the highest standards and, make sure they are responsive to your needs. Discharging a… Read More

Am I entitled to workers’ compensation benefits if my work didn’t cause my condition but, it aggravated or made my condition worse?

Yes! An aggravation of a pre-existing condition is treated the same as a new injury under the Pa WC Act. In other words, whether your injury is new, such as a fall causing a fracture of your wrist or, is an aggravation of a pre-existing condition, like arthritis… Read More

Can I refuse surgery and treat my injury conservatively, if I choose?

Yes, but this decision comes with some risk. Section 306 (f.1)(8) of the Pa WC Act says that if an injured worker refuses reasonable medical treatment, the worker forfeits all rights to compensation for any injury or, any increase in the worker’s disability which results from the refusal. The Act… Read More