What happens to my workers’ compensation benefits if I’m incarcerated?

Section 306 (a)(2) of the Pa WC Act allows an employer to suspend an injured workers’ wage loss benefits if they are incarcerated following a conviction. Medical benefits for the work injury continue but wage loss benefits stop. The incarceration MUST follow a conviction, not merely an arrest. Read More

“No work is insignificant. All labor that uplifts humanity has dignity and importance and should be undertaken with painstaking excellence.”

“If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets as a Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, ‘Here lived a great… Read More

Does being an illegal alien or an undocumented worker prevent me from getting workers’ compensation?

No, the mere fact that you are not in the USA legally does not prevent you from collecting compensation under the Pa WC Act. But, there are a number of things that you should be aware of if you are an undocumented worker. First, your… Read More

Can I move out-of-state or leave the country while I’m receiving workers’ compensation benefits?

Yes, you can but not without some issues. First, getting medical treatment for your work injury out-of-state or outside the USA can be difficult. Many non-PA medical providers refuse to accept the reimbursement rate applicable to ALL medical providers who treat an injured worker under the PA WC… Read More